Day 01: Arrive in Leh: Arrive at Leh airport by morning flight from Delhi. This flight is one of the most sensational flights in the world. On a clear day from one side of the aircraft can be seen in the distance the peaks of K2, Nanga Parbat, Gasherbrum and on the other side of the aircraft, so close that you feel you could reach out and touch it, is the Nun Kun massif. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your hotel. You would take a little time to settle in and acclimatize since you have gone from a relatively low elevation in New Delhi to over 11,000 feet! During the afternoon, you can walk through the old town, beneath the Leh Palace, to allow you to get oriented to this fascinating city. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 02: In Leh: After breakfast full day sightseeing to the massive Tibetan Buddhist Gompas of Shey, Thiksey and Hemis. A few kilometers up the Indus is Shey, the ancient capital, with its palaces, temples, and vibrantly colored murals, cleaned and restored in the mid 1980’s. Later we drive to visit the fortress styled monastery of Thikse. Afterwards, we drive to visit the Hemis monastery. This monastery is known to be the most famous and rich Buddhist temple in the entire region. The Murals and frescoes here date back to 17th century. After we explore the sacred monastery, we drive back to our hotel in Leh. In the evening, we will spend some time roaming around the markets. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 03: Leh to Pangong: After early breakfast drive for a visit of Pangong Lake via Chang La pass. The drive takes you through spectacular, amazing scenery, with breathtaking views of the snow covered Himalayas. The Lake is the highest (4267M) salt-water lake in the world, situated along the India / China border. It is about 130 Km long and 5-6 Km wide. The Chang – chenmo range surrounding it from the north provide a spectacular backdrop to the blue and green expanse of its brackish water. Later drive back to Leh. Overnight Hotel.
Day 04: Leh to Khardungla & Stok Palace: After breakfast proceed for an unforgettable drive to the top of the world’s highest motor able mountain pass Khardungla, at a height of about 18,300 Ft Enjoy unbelievable but true spectacular views of the Himalayas. Return by lunch. After lunch proceed to visit Stok Palace. The palace is home to the erstwhile Ladakhi royal family and houses an immense treasure of cultural and traditional artifacts. Later we will drive back to the hotel for our overnight stay.
Day 05: Departure: After breakfast drive back to the airport for your flight to any onward destination.
- Accommodation in Hotel in Leh on MAPAI.
- All transfers by non A/C Toyota Qualis / Tavera / Tata Sumo Grande.
- Non a/c Vehicle during the entire duration of the tour as per suggested program.
- Entrance at the Monasteries.
- Sightseeing as per the Itinerary.
- All current applicable Taxes.
- Any international or domestic airfare & airport departure tax.
- Any extra meals at the hotels.
- Environmental Fees and Innerline Permits (to be paid directly)
- Any guided sightseeing in Leh.
- Any extra sightseeing that is not mentioned in the tour program.
- Any personal expenses like, bar bills, telephone bills, tips, beverages, medical / travel insurance, still/video camera fee, costs or any other cost not included above.