Day 01: Arrive in Leh: Arrive at Leh airport by morning flight from Delhi. This flight is one of the most sensational flights in the world. On a clear day from one side of the aircraft can be seen in the distance the peaks of K2, Nanga Parbat, Gasherbrum and on the other side of the aircraft, so close that you feel you could reach out and touch it, is the Nun Kun massif. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your hotel. You would take a little time to settle in and acclimatize since you have gone from a relatively low elevation in New Delhi to over 11,000 feet! During the afternoon, you can walk through the old town, beneath the Leh Palace, to allow you to get oriented to this fascinating city. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 02: Half day to Khardungla & Half day to Shey & Thikse: After breakfast proceed for an unforgettable drive to the top of the world’s highest motor able mountain pass Khardungla, at a height of about 18,300 Ft Enjoy unbelievable but true spectacular views of the Himalayas. Return by lunch. After lunch proceed to visit, Shey & Thiksey. The Thiksey monastery is one of the finest examples of Ladakhi architecture. This Gompa is situated on the top of the hill and forms part of Gelukpa order. The 12-storey monastery complex contains numerous stupas, statues, thankas, wall paintings, swords and a large pillar engraved with the Buddha’s teachings, there are sacred shrines and a many precious objects to be seen. Later visit Shey monastery and drive back to your hotel. Overnight in hotel.
Day 03: Leh to Pangong: After early breakfast drive for a visit of Pangong Lake via Chang La pass. The drive takes you through spectacular, amazing scenery, with breathtaking views of the snow covered Himalayas. The Lake is the highest (4267M) salt-water lake in the world, situated along the India / China border. It is about 130 Km long and 5-6 Km wide. The Chang – chenmo range surrounding it from the north provide a spectacular backdrop to the blue and green expanse of its brackish water. Later drive back to Leh. Overnight Hotel.
Day 04: Departure: After breakfast drive back to the airport for your flight to any onward destination.
- Accommodation in Hotel in Leh on MAPAI.
- All transfers by non A/C Toyota Qualis / Tavera / Tata Sumo Grande.
- Non a/c Vehicle during the entire duration of the tour as per suggested program.
- Entrance at the Monasteries.
- Sightseeing as per the Itinerary.
- All current applicable Taxes.
- Any international or domestic airfare & airport departure tax.
- Any extra meals at the hotels.
- Environmental Fees and Innerline Permits (to be paid directly)
- Any guided sightseeing in Leh.
- Any extra sightseeing that is not mentioned in the tour program.
- Any personal expenses like, bar bills, telephone bills, tips, beverages, medical / travel insurance, still/video camera fee, costs or any other cost not included above.